Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Thursday 14 January 2021

Seventy! I made it!!!

People who know me really well might be as surprised as I am that I finally made it to seventy! I've crashed a few aircraft, sunk a few boats - sunk more than a few bottles of wine - survived chest surgery and pneumonia and a frankly hedonistic life style when I was younger... but here I am!

Despite lockdown, my dear friends Jason, Paul, Sue & Peter and step-children Emily & Simon made sure it was a memorable day, with presents that display an amazing knowledge of my interests! The postman bought lots of cards too, from friends, clients and ex-pupils, while I also received a score of e-mails, including two special ones from my birding buddies Brian & Norman: made me feel quite loved...

As well as my new telescope, Linda bought me a lovely bouquet of flowers and an oil painting that we'd seen months ago on a day out with Sue and Peter.

So: thanks to you all and to readers of my daily diary.



2 comments:

high peak said...

Many happy returns David, hopefully the 2nd half of the year brings some normality for us all.

David Bryant said...

Yes indeed! Thanks, 'High'!