Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 4 October 2015

Back home in Broadland!

Well: the International Astronomy Show was a great success for us - lots of new customers and I had  long chats with Nik Szymanek and Monica Grady!

My young friend Laura brought along her Mum, Jayne and her Gran too: I feel at least a tiny bit responsible for encouraging Laura into a degree course and career in Astronomy - I first met her during her GCSE year and probably banged on a bit too much about what great opportunities exist for women in this branch of Science.

Loads of Red Kites, Buzzards, Kestrels and Hobbies on the journeys there and back (Stoneleigh Park is near Warwick) and this morning there was a terrific flock of Golden Plover just east of Brundall by the A47.

Highlight of the weekend? Running over my own laptop :( then finding it still works (albeit only if plugged into an external monitor!)





No comments: