Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Mushrooms, oregano and toffee! A walk around the patch...

Since my van was in the garage for a couple of days for some serious MOT-inspired welding, I dodged the showers for a walk to Hemblington Church and the nearby woods.

The damp air was suffused with the sweet toffee smell from Cantley Beet Factory: when I worked in Acle, they always said that if you could smell Cantley in the Autumn, it would rain soon. This almost always is the case, and probably reflects the effect of a southerly wind at this time of year.

The verges and copses were full of fungi that I'm not even going to attempt to identify: but I was surprised to find a roadside bank covered with oregano in flower.












 



 

No comments: