Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Monday 2 October 2017

Winterton, Waxham, Walcott: a long walk for very little!

Linda had to take her car to the garage to have repairs made to the damage done by the two Canadian holidaymakers last month, so I thought I'd have a run up the east coast. First stop was Winterton: parking by the sub-station, I walked out to the Totem Pole bushes and checked them for signs of life. Apart from a Skylark, an hour's careful searching produced absolutely nothing!

I moved northward through Horsey to Waxham, parking by the church.( No Cranes, Geese or anything at all en route!) A half hour seawatch (yes: I know the wind was in the west!) gave me lots of immature Gannets. a Guillemot and a few Pintail and other ducks, while a half hour walk along the coastal path turned up just a Blackcap, a few Robins, a couple of dozen Red Admirals and two Commas.Is it just me, or is the birding in Norfolk a bit unproductive this Autumn? I know the winds haven't been too great, but even so, I'd've expected a few passerine migrants to be lingering in the hedges and scrub...

Finally, I drove north to Happisburgh (no passerines, but a close Red Kite) and on to Walcott: just a Grey Seal and a Turnstone!









No comments: