Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 2 January 2022

A wild goose chase at Blofield!

While I was in the middle of cooking dinner, the pager buzzed to alert me that a Tundra Bean Goose had been found among a flock of Pinkfeet about two miles from my front door. Quick apologies to Linda, then I drove the short distance south east, quickly locating the Pinkfoot flock. I immediately realised that finding the target bird was going to be nigh-on impossible: there must have been two or three thousand Pinks milling around on a cut beet field. I sat in the car in a handy lay-by and scanned backwards and forwards until it began to grow dark. I'm certain I saw a Tundra Bean on two occasions, but, on lifting my camera, I couldn't refind it. Still: impressive number of beautiful wild geese to see so close to home...





No comments: