Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Saturday 28 March 2020

Out of retirement: briefly!

As some of you may recall, I used to run a pretty successful space & aviation memorabilia business: Linda and I wound things up a few years back when:
a) The Apollo astronauts started to become thin on the ground
b) The Shuttle fleet was retired, so you couldn't source any bits to frame
c) It became obvious that most younger people couldn't give a stuff about spaceflight and weren't interested in buying the displays!
A long-time customer of mine (who isn't in the best of health) contacted me last week and asked if I'd do a 'special' for him: he wanted framed (period) patches of the four main US manned spaceflight programs. I was happy to oblige and added some flown foil samples from Apollo 11 and STS-1 (Columbia)
Hope he likes them!
 
 

No comments: