Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 29 March 2020

Taking stock!

At least three pairs of Stock Doves are currently visiting our garden feeders: delightful, timid little birds, they tend to get muscled away from the food by Wood Pigeons and even Collared Doves.

I can't pretend I'm any different to the rest of the birding world (and humanity in general!)  in being frustrated by the current enforced quarantine, but I totally get the need for it. Like many birders, I have rediscovered the pleasure of monitoring the visitors to the garden and skies around. If it hadn't been for 'lockdown' I doubt if I'd've seen the Little Owls across the fields. We've had two species of Butterfly, too!

Still: it would be nice if the wandering White-tailed Eagle chose our woods for a visit!









No comments: