Don't forget: you can click on an image to enlarge it!

Sunday 22 March 2020

Peregrines with a sweet tooth!

You never know: given my age and various health issues, I'm likely to be among the 'at risk cohort' that are told to stay indoors for a month: unlike some, I intend doing as I'm told - I'm a meteoriticist, not an epidemiologist!

Today, being Sunday and Mothers' Day, I felt sure I could take an early walk around Buckenham Marsh without meeting anyone: and so it proved! Arriving in beautiful sunshine at 7.30, I spent an hour or so walking up to the windpump, in the hope of a White Wagtail or Spoonbill. In the event, neither materialised: 30 or so Ruff, a Bar-tailed Godwit, a flock of Redwings and some gorgeous Linnets was the best I could manage.

I drove home via the local sugar factory and was rewarded by both male and female Peregrines, loafing around on the nest tray and nearby pipework.










No comments: